On this New Year’s Eve I want to share 15 of the most stricking, convicting, and impactful quotes that I’ve stumbled across this year (in no particular order). I wish I knew the origin of them all but I don’t. May you be challenged, as I was, and reap the inspiration to make 2016 even more marvelous!
- Nothing beautiful is perfect.
- Fear is a liar.
- Do more than just exist.
- Have courage and be kind – Cinderella (the movie)
- Less, but better.
- To err is human; to forgive, divine – Alexander Pope
- God is preparing you for something greater.
- What we dwell on is what we become.
- Strip people of technology, see what’s left.
- Life begins once Jesus becomes the reason you live it.
- If your path is more difficult it’s because your calling is higher.
- What matters most is how well you walk through the fire. – Charles Bukowski
- Mostly it is loss which teaches us the value of things.
- The humblest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them. – LouisaMay Alcott
- I find the doing of the will of God leaves me no time for disputing about His plans. – George MacDonald
During the first week of this next year, I plan to share lessons I’ve learned in 2015 as well as tell about some of the incredible blessings from this year. As always I pray that you, my dear readers, will continue to grow in relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus. All of my gratitude is to Him for His never ending goodness and love!
That said, I wish a fond farewell to 2015. It’s been real!